The American Society for 

Reproductive Immunology

How to Apply for a Chinese Visa

To enter the People’s Republic of China, a U.S. citizen must have a valid U.S. passport and Chinese visa. An "L" visa is the Chinese tourist visa type. China Tourist visas are issued to those who intend to go to China for touring, sightseeing or visiting friends. It is usually issued for up to 60 days stay per visit and multiple entry valid up to 10 years for US passport holder, while it is usually issued up to 60 days stay per visit but only for single or double entry valid for 3 or 6 months for non-US passport holder. 

Entry & Exit

  • Obtain a visa prior to arrival and have a passport with at least six months' validity remaining. The lack of either will result in a fine and immediate deportation.
  • Apply for a ten-year multiple entry visa, useful for repeated travel or trips to Hong Kong or Macau with returns to China.
  • You must have a valid visa to exit China and you must leave China before the expiration of the listed duration of stay. 

Visa Application Agencies

There are also a number of visa application agencies that can assist you in applying for your Chinese visa as well as expediting your application.  ASRI does not endorse any company, but a quick Google search for "Apply for a Chinese Visa" will provide many options.

Helpful Travel Links

Copyright © 2017 ASRI
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software